You become a supportive voice in this Musical Community
- When you join the Professional Musicians of the AFM you have access to:
- Small Picture:
- You join musicians who are dedicated to their art, take pride in their performance and guarantee quality with a contract.
- You are pooling your funds with other musicians to assist each other in marketing.
- You are supporting current collective bargaining agreements that ensure musicians are compensated for their employment and contracted guaranteed rights.
- You are helping to create new collective bargaining agreements that will give musicians a voice in their work place and ensure fair treatment.
- You encourage the general public to purchase live music where they will get quality at a fair price.
- You help educate the general public on the value of live music to a community.
- You educate yourself on what is going on in the local music business.
- You learn how musicians interact with the greater community so that when issues come up, you can add your voice to any decisions that are made on behalf of the music community.
- You help to create more work for musicians at a fair price.
- You are creating an environment that encourages young musicians to develop their skills and become professionals.
- You are continuing a tradition that establishes values for musicians.
- Big Picture:
- You are helping your Local Officers better represent you in your community.
- You are supporting the rights of Artists and Performers at every level of the music business.